Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream

Fer Ice Cream !!!!!!!
Greetings Ta All.....

Well, we've been visitin' lots of Blogs lately...'n when we visit we see lots of our Blog Friends bein' taken out fer Ice Cream. It looked so cool 'n refreshin', I tell ya....'n nice of the Peepers ta take everyone out ta have some goodies.....
Can ya believe that we have never been taken out fer Ice Cream? NEVER, NEVER, NEVER....

Well, truth be told Toby gets car sick still 'n he woulda just threw it all up after he ate it in the car on the way home. But Geez...is that a good reason?????
So everytime we visited a Blog where someone got taken out fer Ice Cream....we made sure Gram 'n Pap read all about it........we tried ta make 'em feel real bad that we were gettin' the short end of the stick in the "Treatin' Department".
So know what???? When Gram 'n Pap came home from the grocery store taday....they brought a carton of ice cream fer all of us ta have....right here....on our deck.....in our own bowls....'n not just the dregs from their bowl either..... Gee...it took 'em long enough ta treat us.........
Here's the Ice Cream carton before it even got opened.....we get the vanilla stuff all ta ourselves.....

Now look at the bowls with ice cream in it just fer us....these are our own eatin' dishes....'n we know who gets which one too.....


Bowls were lined up on the deck fer us ta see.....our mouths were waterin'...just thinkin' about gettin inta that ice cream......

Then we finally got ta eat it.......aaaaawwww, the cool, sweet, delicious taste of Ice Cream......ya gotta love the flavor, texture, 'n coolness of it fer sure.....

Mom first, then me....

Then Toby....

Wow, it was hot again here today...'n we sure are lucky ta get such a treat. But there are doggies 'n dog parents out in the mid-west who are havin' a bad time of it with tons of rain, 'n tornadoes, 'n flooding....so we're gonna say a little prayer tonight that everyone will be OK, that they are safe in their homes and that the rains and bad weather will end soon. Can ya say a prayer fer 'em too? Thanks guys....

Dewey Dewster here reportin' on ICE CREAM..... 'n prayin.....

17 comments:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh I love ice cream too. I'm glad you doggies got that yummilicious treat.
I hope the doggies and their hoomans in the mid-west will be safe from the bad weather and tornados.

~ Girl girl

Sparky said...

Dewey!

Man, you got ice cream?! That's pawesome! How was it? I bet it tasted delicious!

There's an ice cream shop about a 25 minute walk from my house, so it's perfect to go to for a nice evening walk on a warm summer day. You should all come and visit me and we could all get ice cream together! Hee hee.

Sparky

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey pals, that ice cream looks delish! What big portions too! I'm lucky if I get a lick of the spoon!

I'm crossing my paws that everydog stays safe from the terrible weather over there. J x

Eric said...

Dewey, Cool! Your very own bowls of ice cream!! The deluxe one too!!! You taught that lesson well to Gram n Pa even though they had to have weeks of training, it was well worth it. Tell em not to worry bout Toby a puking in the car - remember he can then have the treat twice.... (Eric Dastardly Advice)lucky boy.

I've been seeing all the rain flooding and tornados our pals and pawrents are having, it's terrible for them and worrying isn't it.Me and Mom have been praying things are ok for them too.

wiry wags, Eric

Abby said...

Hi, Dewey...

Yeah...Ice Cream is the best...You just can't eat it too fast, cuz you get a headache...So be careful...

Me & my Mom have been praying for our friends in the Mid-West, too...They have been having some reallly scary weather...

My Mom says Thanks for the Birthday wishes...

Abby xxxooo

Lenny said...

Dewey, congratulations on your first ice cream! It looks so good.

We are getting storms again today. Thank you for your good wishes!

Your friend, Lenny

Ferndoggle said...

We must be on the same wavelength Dewey! We got frosty paws to help us beat the heat.

A cool down is on the way. And we'll be sure to say some prayers too.

The DoJA

Molly the Airedale said...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA - we're so glad you got ice cream and in your very own bowls! We think that's pretty awesome.
ummmmm, we think Toby got jipped! His bowl doesn't look like it has an equal portion so we think that your mom should try this again tonight and make it fair this time!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Dewey!

I can't believe it! You got icecream!!!I've never had icecream except for my frosty paws icecream. I've never had the real stuff! You are totally lucky!

As for our friends and all of the bad weather, I'm sending forcefields out to everyone to protect them! Worry not!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Princess Patches said...

We're worried about all those doggies and their peeps too. Last night, our news said in a normal year there are about 607 tornadoes across the US, but THIS year, there has already been 1577. It's got something to do with La Nina. I wish she would hurry up and go to sleep!

That ice cream looks pawsome. It's a good thing you know how to train your peeps!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Asta said...

Dewey Dewster, Asta Marie and Toby,

I'm so vewy glad you finally got youw ice cweam..delish!!!!
It's about time you got that tweat..you ae so cawing and sweet ..I will cewtainly pway that all the fuwwfwiends and hoomans stay safe in the midwest..it's tewwible what they'we going thwough...
thank you fow asking about Daddi..he is doing weally well..I took him to the dog wun today..and auntie Kawen is twying hawd to keep going..she's sad ,but she's a love and full of life and we love hew..so we twy to cheew hew lots
smoochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess..you can come slide awound my hall wif me anytime

Oorvi said...

Hi Dewey,

Wow! You had ice creams! I am going to drag Mercury to your blog so that she gets some sense into that thick head of hers! She assumes that I wouldn't want some. I don't know what makes her think that? She wasn't a dog in her previous life... or may be she was!

I saw your comment on Lenny's blog and felt like visiting yours:)

I'd like to invite you to visit mine at oorvi.wordpress.com

Licks n Wags,
Oorvi

Noah the Airedale said...

You know what....not everyone has tried ice-cream.......sigh.
Now we truly are the only ones never to have had it.
This is torture.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Luna "The Scruffy Yacht Dog" said...

Dewey,

You Terriers are so lucky, real ice cream. Mom used to get me softy ice cream until I got a little pudgy around the waistline. Mom now gives me homemade doggy ice cream. Mom has been taking me running so I can loose wait before my plucking appointment on the 23rd. My groomer always comments to Mom that I put on a little weight since my last visit.

I can't wait till I get groomed. I look like a walking shrub.

Luna Licks....

Lunagins

Oorvi said...

:) Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your thoughts and I like the way you express them!

Licks and Wags,

Oorvi

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I think you have your beans trained really well. You go ice cream? Yummy!
--JB

Koobuss said...

Ohhhhhhh, I am so jealous!!! There it is again!! ICE CREAM!!!!! I LOVE ICE CREAM!!!!

Unfortunately, we don't have it in the house because mom, who ate tons of ice cream in her lifetime (Grandpa worked in an ice cream plant for Dolly Madison, when my mom was a kid), developed an allergy to milk, so there is no ice cream around. But I know that they eat it when they are out because the evidence is all over them. So, she has the allergy and I'm the one who is missing out. Life is just not fair.

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Contributors