Friday, July 18, 2008

A Terrier-ific Meeting

Wow….ya just won’t believe what we did this past Tuesday…….come on now….....try ta guess anyway…….put yer thinkin’ cap on ‘n give it a twirl……spin yer bully stick ‘n see where it stops…….did ya figure it out now????

Oh well….guess I’ll have ta tell ya then. We, as in me… Dewey Dewster, my Mom… Asta Marie ‘n the red headed step-child…. Toby, met the famous canine healthcare professional, Lacie….nurse extraordnaire , ‘n her big terrier brother BabyStan complete with his huge jaws. Oh yeah…. ‘n Mumsie came along fer the ride too…..well…..Ok…. she drove ‘em ta the park cause Lacie didn’t have ‘er own car…’n maybe her drivers license was revoked fer some minor infraction too.

We got ta go with Gram ‘n Pap cause we don’t have our own kar like Koobie….’n we don’t have a driver license either….’n we like ta leave the drivin’ ta them so we can watch out fer other doggies that might be out and about while we’re on the way.

We were so excited ta meet them cause while we don’t live that far away…we just never got ta make their acquaintance before. Why, Toby even got ta ride in the car fer the first time without bein’ in his crate cause he hasn’t been getting’ car sick lately…..’n that’s progress, I tell ya…..progress.

Now, Scruffy didn’t get ta come cause Mumsie woulda really had a hard time controllin’ the 3 of ‘em…….I heard he was heartbroken cause they left ‘em at home by ‘emself. But maybe we can meet 'em another time cause I was sorry he didn't get ta come.

We met in North Park. It's a county park not too far away 'n they have a place ta walk yer doggies 'n port-a-johns 'n fountains placed along the way so ya can get a drink 'n use the facilities ta get rid of it too. We walked a bit after the introductions were over....'n stopped by the funny tree along the way ta take some pictures. Except if ya get all of us in the picture....ya loose the funny stuff on the tree.

It was pretty hot that day so we stopped ta get a drink 'o water at one 'o the fountains where there was a bowl ta drink outta. My Mom was pretty hot 'n she always knows the way ta cool off quick....yep....ya guessed it....she climbed inta the bowl 'o water. That was a small bowl too.....
Then she got curled around ta get her whole body inta the water.

If ya really wanta get cool... ya gotta get yer face right in there too.....way ta go Mom.....

After ya get a bit cool... ya can come up fer air....'n drip off a bit.....

This is one of the best pictures of the group 'o us cause we are all lookin' forward at the same time. Ya ever try ta get 5 doggies ta look the correct way at the same time?????
Then there's just the 3 of us on the picnic table......Gram just took a bunch 'o hair off me 'n Mom so we look pretty well groomed fer a change......
Then there's Lacie, my love (or is she?) 'n BabyStan....now does he look like a baby ta ya at all ??? Why he's bigger than all of us put together fer sure....... Mumsie asked Gram ta bring her groomin' tools ta show 'er what they looked like....'n Gram got poor Lacie 'n took all the hair off her ears.......bet she wished she stayed at home instead of Scruffy....
Now, Gram got her video camera out 'n took a bit 'o us checkin' each other out. I call it Lovin' Lacie......cause I was really in love with 'er....til we met...that is.....see why..........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can ya believe my sweet Lacie acted like that fer real ???? Maybe she was just mad cause Gram took all that hair off her ears....don't know why.....cause she didn't need it.......

I almost think she doesn't like us at all.....er, well maybe it was that time 'o the month. What do ya think ?????

It was time ta go home but before we left, I had ta give Mumsie one 'o my big wet kisses. I, Dewey Dewster, am a lover fer sure..... Now can ya see why I'm known as such a sensitive guy....'n Mumsie had the softest nose I ever kissed......

Gee......we sure hope we get ta go on another walk with the terrific terriers 'n Mumsie too. Next time we hope ta meet Scruffy ......



This is Dewey Dewster reportin' on a very special meetin'.......





15 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

What a fun day! Asta Marie is a hoot in that water dish! hehehehe
We can't see the video! We'll have to come back later!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Noah the Airedale said...

Crikey we'll have to come back to see the video too. Hope it works next time we really want to know what Lacie did lol.
Sounds like you had a great day out.

Hugs & tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Eric said...

Hey Dewey, Thank excellent reporting and photies....I was a-thinking what a shame you live that near and have never met before ...but then I saw THE VIDEO....mmmmm...I can see why now pal..she looked madder than a hornet's nest... err... can I ask Dewey, are you still in love with Lacie?? Mumsie seems much more lovable...

Wiry wags, Eric x

Molly the Airedale said...

We had to come back to see the video! It's not working at Lacie and Stan's bloggie! Lacie is pretty particular about who sniffs her butt! hehehehe We hope you all get to meet again! Second times are always better!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Abby said...

Hi, Dewey...

Looks like you had a fun time...

Asta Marie sure likes to get wet...I can't believe she got her whole body in that dish...

Looks like Lacie didn't want to be bothered...

Abby xxxooo

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey pal, just seen the photos over at Scruffy, Lacie and Babystan's place. Your video is working now; doesn't Lacie look grouchy! I had no idea. She's a dog after my own heart!
Asta Marie is soooooo creative with the water bowl. She probably improved the flavour of the water too! Jx

Dexter said...

Dewey -
Lacie sent me over to watch the movie. Goodness, gals sure can be tempermental. Such a diva.

Slobbers,
Mango

Koobuss said...

Hi guys!

What a nice visit you all had! I wish that I could have been there.

Asta Marie, that's really cool how you can sit in the water dish like that! Cool, do you get it, cool. Hahahaha. Seriously though, that is a very neat trick. You must make all the other dogs jealous when you do that.

It looks like Lacie was having a bad day. Maybe the heat was getting to her and she was mad because she couldn't sit in the water dish like Asta Marie. Or, maybe she just doesn't like to have her butt sniffed. She could be shy about those things.

Nice job with the pictures and videos, guys. Glad you had fun!

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Dewster...well now...NOW YOU SEE WHAT I HAVE TO LIVE WITH ALL THE TIME...yeppers...Lacie is so um...well, this is a family bloggie, so I can't go into detail, but she can be so darn bossy AND nasty...it's horrible! I, of course, am always the perfect gentleman. Rumors you've heard bout me gettin' kicked outta places are strictly that...rumors.

And did you see her little ears? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA...Mumsie is gonna order a face stripper, but she's really enjoyin' her teeny ears for now...she wants Bruvver to photoshop Bailee's...his fiance's cookapoos ears onto Lacie....WOOOOOT!!!!!

Oh Man, Dewster...I'm so comin' the next time and Mumsie can just leave the other doggies at home. They went to the pool without me today too...it was Golden Day at the pool...Golden's everywhere swimmin' their fool brains off...I could see Mumsie just toyin' with the idea of a little Golden puppers...she said it would be SO NICE TO HAVE A DOG THAT WANTS TO PLEASE YOU....but, Daddy would kill her, so I don't think there are gonna be any little Golden doggies round here.

Sides, Lacie would kill it....

On that note, I gotta go and watch the video again...ya know that's the first time one of us has been video'd!! Frankly, I think the camera adds 12lbs to Lacie...effectively doubling her size...she's really only the size of GirlGirl...

Wiry barks...Scruffman

Unknown said...

Hi Dewey, Asta Marie and Toby!

What a gorgeous bunch of terriers you three make! So sorry your first encounter with Lacie ended up so badly. Maybe she's better in the cooler weather when the heat isn't making her hair frizzy? I know Mommy is!

Me, I've never picked a fight (though I do like to bark at big dogs across the street from the safety of my leash!) so I wish we could meet.

I like to sit in buckets of water, like Asta Marie. Mommy calls it "dog soup."

Your pal,

Petey

Oorvi said...

Dewey,

I just loved this post:)

I don't think you should stop being in love with Lacie just because she snapped at you when you were trying to sniff her! That's her feminine grace! What did you expect? I agree that you are a handsome n dashing Terrier boy, but then she needs time!

And...
"well maybe it was that time 'o the month!"

Ha! That's the typical male response to a bit of challenge! Let me tell you this - Even when I like a dog, I don't begin to drool when he sniffs me. In fact, I do exactly what Lacie did! Ask Johnny:)

So don't give up yet! Who knows what Lacie thinks (I'm sure even Mumsie doesn't know her deepest thoughts)

Asta Marie is fantastic with her sit-in-the-dish trick! Is there a canine gymnastics competition being organized somewhere? She'd win it for sure.

Licks and Wags,
Oorvi

Oorvi said...

Hi Dewey,

There's a gift for you at my blog. Please visit:)

Licks n Wags,
Oorvi

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Dewey!
I gotta say that with all those terriers you all must have had a blast!

I think that Lacie didn't want her butt to be sniffed, maybe she was feeling a little sensitive...or fat. I hear that when those girls feel fat, we should all just leave them alone! Hehehe

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That must be really fun to meet Lacie and BabyStan. But BabyStan sure is big... I hope you get to meet Scruffy soon

~ Girl girl

Oorvi said...

The bird in the header of my blog...

It's a Red-Wattled Lapwing.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-wattled_Lapwing)

The lapwing "Is uncannily and ceaselessly vigilant, day or night, and is the first to detect intrusions and raise an alarm, and therefore a nuisance to hunters." Thus, it is quite like you and me:)

Another interesting thing about the lapwing is its cry. Quoting from the wikipedia page again -
"Its striking appearance is supplemented by its noisy nature, with a loud and scolding did-he-do-it call, often uttered at night.

PS: Mercury clicked that picture when the lapwing visited our house:)

Wags,
Oorvi

Contributors