Friday, January 9, 2009

Dogs in the News !!!!

Hello ta ya all out there in Blogland.....

It's me, Dewey Dewster reportin' on a special doggie that made the news taday...
Bet ya already heard about 'er....Her name is Buttons and she just had a litter of 18 Dalmatian puppies.........18.........did ya hear that......'n they're all excited about a girl havin' 18 puppies......
What about the father that sired all of those.....what do ya think about him, huh? Now there's a dog that should be the subject of water-cooler office talk fer months ta come.....

I wanted ta know more about the birth and so I got on Gram's computer ta see if I could find it on the Internet.
Nicola and Adam Morley are the proud (if slightly bemused) owners of a record litter of 18 Dalmatian pups.
by Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com contributor
updated 9:28 a.m. ET, Fri., Jan. 9, 2009

A British couple are seeing spots before their eyes, but their vision is 20/20. The spots are the ones bedecking a record litter of Dalmatian puppies — 18, to be exact.

That’s 83 Dalmatians short of the proverbial 101. But this is real life, not a Disney movie, and the tally is still impressive.

On Friday, TODAY show viewers got their first live look at what is being called the largest litter ever delivered by a Dalmatian. Born by Caesarean section on Dec. 23 to Button — a purebred that, appropriately enough, is a daughter of one of the stars of “102 Dalmatians” (the sequel to “101 Dalmatians”) — the pups posed in all their glorious cuteness in the home of Button’s owners, Nicola and Adam Morley. For more of the story click here

So I started dreamin' about bein' the proud father of 18 beautiful puppies......

I put on my glasses and started readin' Gram's book about Dog Breedin'.......


I figured I could easily be the super-stud that sires 18 wonderful, beautiful puppies..... although not Dalmatians....of course, they would be Wire Fox Terriers......

One of the first things ya have ta do is find the perfect Mother fer yer children....now what chapter is that in this book......oh, look....there's even Dalmations on the cover......

Just then the phone rang and when I answered it, it was the vets office callin' ta confirn our appointment on Monday fer somethin' called "Neutering".........now what do ya suppose that means ?????

Whatever it is, the appointment is fer both me 'n Toby..........I better look it up in this book.......

If any of ya find the correct chapter on the subject of "Neutering"........can ya please call and tell us which one it is ?????

I can't wait ta get a nice car ride on Monday with Toby ta meet our prospective Sweetie Pies......future Mothers of our children.......the perfect girls ta carry on our bloodlines.... 'n our names too......

Bet yer excited fer us too.....aren't ya ???????

This is Dewey Dewster reportin' on procreatin' future generations of terriers........

27 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That's a whole lotta poka dot bikinis!

And LOTS of puppy breath!

Happy Weekend to woo and yours!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lorenza said...

Hi, Dewey!
I read the story of Button and her 18 puppies! It sounds like a dot nightmare!
I am thinking you need to find your perfect lady this weekend because after that.... hmmmmm.... errr... neutering thing your chances will be zero!
Paws crossed and good luck!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Noah the Airedale said...

Um Dewey, I think you need to read a dictionary rather than a dog breeding book matie. The first word you should look up is neuter and I'd do it sooner rather than later.....sigh.


tailwags
Noah x

The Musketeers said...

Wow ! I am seeing spotted puppies (:

Molly the Airedale said...

You better have your fling today and tomorrow, Dewey or there won't be any fling at all!
We hadn't heard about the poor Dalmation that had 18 puppies! How will she ever feed them all!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Abby said...

Hi, Dewey...

Umm...I'm not sure that neutering thing is gonna help in your quest to sire 18 puppies...

Maybe you should sit Gram down & have her explain the whole thing to you...

Abby xxxooo

Jake of Florida said...

Oh dear Dewster, we think you may be in for a major disappointment, not to mention a major disappearance of a siring prerequisite!!

We think it's all for the best though -- after all, we know there are many many more than 18 wire puppies who need love and good homes. Perhaps you can devote your siring instincts to helping them what's already here (we know your folks already do that, so just add your bark!!!).

Lots of love -- and paws crossed for a successful visit...

Jake and Just Harry

Amber-Mae said...

Read about this & was amazed! My gosh! If faith got preggers & had 18 pups in her very small tummy, I think she woulda exploded with a loud KABOOM!!! But no worries, she won't get preggers ever.

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Kelli said...

Hi Dewey!
That's a lot of spots! I think you might want to check on what that neutering thing is before you make plans for a date...I got a bad feeling about it since it's gonna be at the vet!
-Tibby

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oh Dewster.....I think that the neutering is something sorta like the female operation I had when I was young. I never got to have 18 babies.....and I am not so sure you will be able to either. I could be wrong.....maybe some of your other readers know more about this neutering thing.
--JB
Pee Ess: You look super handsome sitting at your computer!

Rudy said...

Run Dewster run! Don't even stop to look up that word in the book, just run!
As for the 18 pups, my great-grandma Chelsea had 9 puppies on her first try which is a TON for a litter of Bedlingtons, and she nearly exploded with that bunch...
Eighteen wouldn't have happened at all!
Now if Mom would let me blog again sometime I'd tell you what's been going on with me lately... which really isn't much since it's winter.

Rudy

Rudy said...

Run Dewster run! Don't even stop to look up that word in the book, just run!
As for the 18 pups, my great-grandma Chelsea had 9 puppies on her first try which is a TON for a litter of Bedlingtons, and she nearly exploded with that bunch...
Eighteen wouldn't have happened at all!
Now if Mom would let me blog again sometime I'd tell you what's been going on with me lately... which really isn't much since it's winter.

Rudy

Chef said...

Dewey. Listen. You gotta sneak out and you know, take care of it like right NOW. Don't ask questions - it'll all be very clear when you wake up from the surgery on Monday. You'll thank me. Now get going.

xo
Chef

Urban Smoothie Read said...

i'm sure u carry some good genes in u

Dexter said...

Good luck with that whole puppy thing after you get tutored. I think you might find the gals aren't quite as keen for you.

Slobbers,
Mango

Life With Dogs said...

We saw that on the news also. Our first thought: There won't be enough treats to go around!

Joe Stains said...

Now I don't know anything about breeding but I know something about math. 1 dog minus 2 um berries = 0 puppies.

sorry.

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Dewey & Other Mates,

I'll be revealing more of the furprise, later this week.

You sure look smart in those glasses.

xxx Asta (Oz)

Koobuss said...

Oh...

Poor Dewey. I think that your timing is too late, even though you did all that research. And after Monday, you'll probably forget all about it. Oh well...

Way to go, Steelers!!

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

pee ess You look very handsome in glasses.

Bae Bae said...

You look cute in glasses Dewey. woh 18 puppies sure is a big family

~ Bae

Asta said...

dewey
You look so sewious and stoodious,but I'm afwaid you might be in fow a teensy dissapointment, ummm hyow can
i put this delicately..um you'we not meeting pwospective bwieds aftew that caw wide..ummmit may be too late fow those dweams Dewey..you would make the most handsome Dad wif a whole lot of gowgeous pups..sigh
smoochiekisses
AStA

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Dewey...um...well...

I'm thinkin' this has somethin' to do with fix it stuff...they tried that on me though I was already pawfect...I'm thinkin' you better have a really wild foxy weekend...or um...ur babymama may never be found...

Those spotted dogs are amazin....perhaps they'll make a new reality tv show bout them!!!

Hey...Mumsie wants to know if your vet is holistic and what is the name and where are they located? Pee mail us, kay? One of the dogs at Stan's daycare has had back problems/leggie problems for a year...time to try somethin' else, huh...

Um...perhaps you need a weekend away Dewey...good luck...

Lacie

Eric said...

Oh no!!!Your getting the Cats Ration.Not as nice as nice as our food and normally much smaller portions.Do a runner double quick boys.

Wiry wags, Eric xx

Pee s. Haaa!! Loved the spots before your eyes pups.

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hahaha, I'm still laughing at Joe's comment. Those puppies are very cute, but just remember that you'd have to share treats and toys and stuff. J x

PS Go and look up neutering in a dictionary! And then run!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Dewster,
Thanks for your comment on PooPoo but I think you missed our last post. We lost PooPoo this morning unexpectedly....we are very sad.
--JB

Asta said...

Dewey and Toby
I'm sending you healing smoochie kisses
love
Asta
pee ess you awe still vewy much boys , don't wowwy

Abby said...

Hi, Dewey...

I hope you are feeling better after your surgery...

I have something for you...Please stop by my Blog to pick it up when you get a minute...

Abby xxxooo

Contributors