Friday, July 23, 2010

My Aunt Jewels.....yer gonna love 'er.....fer sure.....

Hi ya bloggies,

I tell ya, it's gettin' harder 'n harder ta find the time ta publish a post. Why, this has been one humdinger of a summer 'n we've been real busy playin' ball at the cottage......'n gettin' hot.....gettin' cooled off in our pool......'n gettin tired.

Now, I'm warnin' ya that we have been playin' real hard and so I look a bit rumpled.......

But here I am reportin' from my bed under the coffee table at camp.......


Taday........I wanna tell ya all about my favorite Aunt Jewels........

Aunt Jewels lives with Grandma Judy and she is my Mom's sister and what a sister she is.....a real chip off the old block as they say and a terrier through 'n through......

Ya know that my Grandma Judy just loves animals.....all animals.....well, maybe not the skunk that was spraying in 'er yard a spell back....or the fox that was stalkin' 'er chickens......'er the porcupines.....cause ya know what they did ta us..........but all the other animals that ya might find in the country.

Yep, Grandma Judy buys corn.... 'n bird seed.... and lots of other food fer the birds, wild turkeys, deer and even racoons that happen ta stop by fer a meal. Why, she doesn't even mind it too much when the black bears come around except when they knock 'er bird feeders down.....then she's madder 'n a hornet at 'em.....

She just likes ta watch 'em and marvel at their beauty and grace...........
yep Grandma Judy is a softie......fer sure.....

Now Grandma Judy kept 3 puppies outta my Mom's litter.....Shawn C....Goober (who is really Uncle Shawn's dog) and Jewels.

Jewels is a real earthdog.....'n she didn't even go ta earthdog trainin'...can ya imagine......she just learned it all by herself.....

Meet my aunt Jewels.......
She looks pretty harmless, doesn't she? I can tell ya that ya are a fool if ya make that assumption of Aunt Jewels......yes siree........

Aunt Jewels is a hunter.......and Aunt Jewels is good one too !!!!!

She just goes out inta the yard and sniffs around and the first thing ya know out she comes with a little baby somethin' or other........

Yep....she just loves ta give 'em a big hug....usually with 'er mouth .....and then the baby somethin'
or other doesn't move anymore.....

She does that with the little baby bunnies that Grandma Judy really loves and tries ta protect.....
She does that with baby raccoons........'n baby birds too that are foolish enough ta venture inta her grass.....
And she even tries ta hug Grandma Judy's chickens.....now THAT is really frowned upon.......
If ya think she looks harmless....ya need ta look closer....much closer......

Poor Grandma Judy thinks my Aunt Jewels is really mean but my Gram goes over there and hugs 'er and tells 'er what a good earthdog she is......a terrier true ta her breed and encourages 'er ta keep up all the good work.....

So now that ya have met my Aunt Jewels.....what do you think about 'er ?

Ya can tell me....really ya can........
Me, I'm just not gonna think about 'er anymore right now cause I'm tired.......

                     Toby's tired.............
'N my Mom's tired too......

I have a feelin' that's why Gram always throws the ball fer us....she knows that we're gonna run and bring it back and that's gonna make us tired......

What do ya think....is she tryin' ta wear us out?????

So until next time, I'm gonna share a picture with ya of one of the many butterflies that we have visitin' our flowers......and I'm gonna dream of huggin' a baby bunny........


This is Dewey Dewster reportin' on my favorite Aunt Jewels...........bein' really tired from playin' ball and the butterflies on our flowers.

Have a great weekend everyone !!!!!

16 comments:

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

That Auntie Jewels...what a TERROR she is!!! Huggin' those critters...we three are totally impressed with her skills!!!

IT IS SO HOT HERE!!! We're startin' to think of all that snow from last winter with a lot more fondness....

Thank you all so much for the supportive messages for our Daddy...he's doing amazingly well...the Power of the Paw is incredible!!!

Kisses to you kids!!

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanny and Mumsie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a great example of a terror - I mean terrier!

I khan tell she makes life furry furry interesting!

BTW, when did we move to southern Mexikho?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

Dewey Dewster, welcome to your own blog:)

Your Aunt Jewel looks different from your mom...very different:) She does look harmless, but so do you and so does Asta Marie. I guess hunting is in our blood. I am not much of a huntress myself, but it's more due to a serious lack of opportunities:(

I think that you may be right in your deduction - I can see a sinister purpose behind all that ball-throwing...hmmm!

Licks n wags,
Oorvi

Eric said...

Wow! Your Aunty Jewels is pretty foxy. Think she'd share her hugged haul? I'm far to lazzzzy to hug 'em myself. Unless one happened to pop into my north and south of course. As if. Or did it? I'm not telling.. . .

Wiry loves Eric xxx

George The Lad said...

Hey, your aunt Jewels gets the paws up from me, looks like she could give me some tips. I needed them on me trip, I was over run with rabbits!! pesky things.
See Yea George xxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Dewey,

Here's an award your blog doesn't yet have:) Will you please collect it from my blog?

Love,
Shafali

Molly the Airedale said...

Aunt Jewels is one fiesty female Terrier! We applaud her!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Koobuss said...

Hi guys,

Boy, that Aunt Jewels of yours is really something. Don't mess with her. No, siree. She is a shining example of what we foxie terriers are supposed to be.

You three sure look exhausted. I don't think you get enough rest. You gotta sleep more
by the air conditioner, like me.

Tell me, is that butterfly that you have in your yard as ugly as the butterfly that hangs around here?


Love and Lots of Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Dewey!
OMD! Sure is interesting to know about your Aunt Jewels natural skills!
I imagine she gives big surprises to Grandma Judy!
Here is very hot too.. and humid... and yuck!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dexter said...

Your Auntie is my kind of gal. All terrier for sure.

Yeah, we get the old tennis ball to wear out the dogs thing too. Usually means mom is too lazy for a proper walkie. No worries, it's all good, right?

Slobbers,
Mango

Agatha and Archie said...

Well we could all learn something from her that is for sure!! Listen I LOVE your bed under the table.. very reminiscent of my bomb shelter and it looks very comfie! Love A+A

Life With Dogs said...

I sure wouldn't mess with her - I don't want her going after my jewels! ;)

Princess Patches said...

We wish WE could hug some baby bunnies! They're way too fast for us! Or maybe it's because our mom gives them a warning before she lets us out the door!

Aire-hugs,
Penny & Patches

Chef said...

Hey Dewey, you don't suppose you could send Jewels over here to hug a few critters, eh? I'm not a very good hunter but I sure wouldn't mind watching how it's done and maybe learn a thing or two about earth-dogging or whatever.... anyway, I am totally impressed with her skills. What a girl. And very pretty. I just hope she doesn't bring Grandma Judy too many presents at the back door, 'specially knowing she has bear friends.

And about the ball-throwing. Are you kidding me? Is that why they throw them? Hmmm. Learn something new every time I visit you, Dews.

Bye for now, buddy.

xo
Chef

Rudy said...

Wow your Aunt Jewels and my Josie would have a great time together hunting things! Josie loves to hug bunnies and she loves them so much she'll eat them afterwards.
She's a strange doggie...

Love,
Rudy

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

I think your Aunt Jewels is a PAWSOME and formidable lady doggie! *grins* Not only is she a great earthdog, she looks elegant doing it! Thanks for sharing the photos with us...*grins*

Scottie

Contributors