Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Green Acres is the Place to Be.......

Green Acres is the place ta be........
Country livin' is the life for me......
Land spreadin' out so far 'n wide.......
Leavin' "The Burgh" ta sample the countryside.....

Hi Everyone,

We really didn't disappear or anythin' but we did decided ta take a trip back up ta the cottage and enjoy nature and the freedom of open spaces.



I decided ta help Pap cut the grass. He has a John Deere tractor so I got on ta see if I could help 'em with his work.....
That hat was gettin' in my way.......'n so I took it off so I could see where I was drivin'......


I tell ya, it's hard ta drive a tractor when yer as little as I am but I gave it my best shot....
Then my Mom wanted ta help too so she got on ta take a ride with me.....

Hey, Pap...is this the right way ta go ?????

Gram 'n Pap bought a little ATV fer baby Parker....but I wanted ta make sure that it was safe fer a little boy ta ride on.......

It makes broom broom noises and all and I think baby Parker will have fun....fun.....fun with it......fer sure.......

Up at Gramdma Judy's we saw a lady turkey come over ta the feeder ta get some dinner. Grandma Judy said that it was a female that has a nest of eggs ta care fer....'n that's why she's all by herself. It's her job ta hatch the turkey eggs........

Gram got a little video of the turkey 'n the birds just enjoyin' the feed Grandma Judy puts out fer 'em.......ain't the country great ????


I tell ya we got tired cause Gram bought a new plastic ball 'n bat ta hit around fer all of us. We chased 'em til we nearly dropped from exhaustion. I got so tired I curled up in the toy box and went ta sleep......


Yep, I was one tired Dewey from all that work 'n play too. Now that we're home again, we will try ta catch up on what ya have all been doin'.....that dialup service we have at the cottage just makes it too hard ta visit.....we're supposed ta get DSL there in the Fall...... 'n we're sure lookin' forward ta that day....


Well, I'm off ta catch a few winks here...........see ya later guys.....

This is Dewey Dewster reportin' on Green Acres.........



19 comments:

Abby said...

Hi, Dewey...

Looks like you had a great time in the country...

I bet your Pap was really happy with the help mowing the grass...It looks like a big job...

Abby xxxooo

Asta said...

Dewey Dewstew
Welcome back
Youw Gween Acwes look like loads of fun!
You suwe do a gweat job wif the John Deewe, and youw Mom , Asta mawie must be a vewy big help.

I'm not suwpwised that you'we weady to dwop. Catch up on youw sneep and then visit us all.
smooochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess that is a lovely tuwkey lady

Jake of Florida said...

You sure mastered that big old piece of equipment quickly. But what else? You're a foxy boy, after all.

Have fun at the cottage!

Jake and Just Harry

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Grrrreat job!

AND with all the rain we've been having, I'm sure woo will get LOTS more prakhtice on the JD!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Tank woo fur sharing your wild turkey - my mom was thirsty!

Suzuki said...

Looks like you are having a pawsome time :) You have excellent tractor skills too.
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Lorenza said...

Hi, Dewey!
Glad you all had a pawesome time there at the country!
You and your mom look great on that tractor! I am sure you enjoyed a lot helping Pap!
You look adorable in that box!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Lacy said...

w00fs, u all had the bestest time..heehee how u sit on that tractor sooooo calm...me wood b all over it...or thats what mama says...

b safe,
~rocky~

Koobuss said...

Hi Guys!

I thought when you went up to the country that you were supposed to relax and not work so hard. It's a good thing that you had your mom, Asta Marie, to help you. How come Toby didn't do anything? I saw him in the background with a big grim on his face. I think that he wanted to ride the ATV. That looked like so much fun. The tractor, too!

Dewey, you are one busy guy. No wonder you crashed in the toy basket!

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Noah the Airedale said...

You two look so darn cute sitting on that tractor. Clearly you're great helpers.
Enjoy your nap Dewey. You earned it matie.

tailwags
Noah

Joe Stains said...

I have never got to drive a tractor or a mini car like that, you sure are lucky. I also don't know much about turkeys except they taste good, so it was fun to see them.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oh Dewey, you always seem to make my mom and I laugh. You two are so cute on the John Deere and the little ATV! Thanks for the chuckle!
--JB

Molly the Airedale said...

You look like you're all having such fun on your tractor! We have one that looks just like yours and our mean mom won't let us drive it!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Eric said...

Crickey Dewey. You passed your driving test already? Smart and cute huh? I haven't even learnt to drive yet. You and your Mom are doing a grand job helping Pap. But I think the little one of baby Parkers is the pawfect size for him and you. Prhaps with seat belts and a helmet for your bonces. You teaching baby Parker how to drive? Well I never- star em early there over the big pee. Can we see that lesson?

Course after your nap in the basket. Haaaaa!!! You're getting like your Mum. Soon be time for her to curl up the water bowl. Can't wait to see that again either.

Wiry wags n kissies Eric

Juno said...

Dewey!! Looks like you guys had a great time at your Grandma's. You saw a lady turky visitor?? Sure spending time in the country sounds goooooood to us! We love the pic of you and your mom on the little green car for Baby Parker. :) Our little human pup is doing good and we have to say he eats very well. He starts bubbling like dadada or mamama.... which makes us smile.

Do you think you can post Baby Parker's photo?? :)

Thank you very much for your kind comment about the sad news. You made our day happier.

Have a great weekend!

Momo & Pinot

Anonymous said...

Hi Dewey,

You look so smart driving the tractor...completely in control. I am sure you drive real well. Your mom too seemed to be enjoying the ride:)

I think that those pictures are your best (the way the bathing pictures are Asta Marie's best:))

What about Toby - why does he end up getting the step-brotherly treatment from you? You didn't give him a ride - why?

This woman here is half-asleep - I don't know what she's typing...

get off that chair, Mercury...

Dexter said...

You let your mom drive with you? I bet she was all like, "slow down, turn right, watch out for the turkey!"

Slobbers,
Mango

TwoSpecialWires said...

Dewey,

We don't have nearly as good (or fun!) excuse for being gone for so long! It looks like you had a great time at Green Acres and on the green tractor and green ATV. We love wheels... no doubt we'd have loved to have ridden along or even given it a spin ourselves! Seems like we remember our uncle in FL has a green mower sorta like that... we'll be asking for the keys, for sure!

Jake and Fergi

Chef said...

Gram actually let you ride a tractor?? I'd never be allowed to do that. Next time you go to Green Acres, you gotta take me with you! We'll go on a joyride and do some wheelies and 360s! I'm going to buy a couple of helmets. Just call me when you're ready to go!

Happy Mother's Day to Gram and all the mommies in your life - and to mommy Asta Marie too - did you give her lots of treats today??

xoxoox
Chef

xoxo
Chef

Life With Dogs said...

Mmmm now we are craving turkey for dinner. How did you resist?

Contributors